Residential Permits

Suburban Neighborhood Overlooking a Lake

When a Permit Is Needed

You must apply for a Building Permit whenever new construction, remodeling or enlargement is planned on your property.  Such projects include new home construction, decks, swimming pools, interior finishes, etc.  Permits are also required for fences and hot water heater installations. Permit applications may be submitted at City Hall or online through the Building Department’s iWorq Permitting portal.  Contact the Building Department for more information on requirements as building and site plans vary with construction, or if you have any questions.

As some subdivisions regulate the installation of fencing, decks, pools, satellite dishes or the construction of freestanding structures, you may wish to contact your Homeowner’s Association to be aware of those requirements and restrictions.  

Online Payment for Permits

You can pay for permits online now.  Simply call the Building Department at 636-938-5233 to request an emailed invoice of your payment amount. **Please note credit card fees will be added to online payment transactions.

Pay Now Button Opens in new window

Request a Building Inspection

An inspection request can be submitted through the iWorq portal or by contacting the Building Department Inspection Hotline at 636-938-5233 Extension 180. Permit numbers are required to schedule an inspection.

Contractors in Eureka

This list of contractors includes only contractors that own a business in Eureka and have a Eureka business license.