Prosecuting Attorney Procedures
- Attorney call docket begins at 6:00 p.m. on court nights.
- Trial Docket called at 7:00 p.m. Trials will start immediately after the call docket.
Request for Recommendations
Requests for recommendations must be sent by fax to the Prosecuting Attorney at (636) 938-6602.
Do not efile a request for recommendation with the Court or mail it to the Court. Due to changes by the Supreme Court to Rule 37.04, requests for recommendations mailed to the court will not be processed by the clerk. It is your responsibility to ensure that an entry of appearance is filed with the court and a separate request for recommendation is faxed to the prosecutor.
Requests must include:
- A valid email address (recommendations will not be processed without one);
- A copy of your entry of appearance filed with the court, and the following:
- Citation / case number(s)
- Copy of the ticket
- Defendant’s name
- Initial court date
- Any relevant documentation that would assist the prosecutor in making a recommendation, i.e. proof of insurance, registration, reinstatement etc...
- Note: If your client’s charge(s) involves a motor vehicle accident, a copy of their insurance card is not sufficient. You must provide either a letter from your client’s insurer verifying valid liability insurance on the date of the accident or proof of restitution.
Attorneys will receive a written recommendation from the prosecutor by email. It is counsel’s responsibility to appear, or obtain a continuance, at each court date regardless of whether you have received a recommendation. It is counsel’s responsibility to notify the defendant of the recommendation. The recommendation will indicate if an appearance is required, otherwise accepted recommendations must be signed by the attorney and client and emailed to the Prosecutor prior to the court date. Plea forms will not be processed if they do not contain all required signatures. If your client is receiving probation or a payment plan, you must also submit the appropriate completed form with your accepted recommendation or it will not be processed.
Discovery in Municipal Court is governed by Rule 37.54. All requests for discovery must be e-filed with the court. You are responsible for obtaining a hearing date for your motion from the Clerk and filing a Notice of Hearing.
Beginning on December 3, 2020, the Prosecuting Attorney will begin holding Zoom Video Conferences for any Attorney or Defendant who desires to discuss a case. You must call (636) 549-1828 to schedule a conference time. Conferences are limited and will be set in the order requested. All conferences will be set on Thursdays between 2 PM and 5 PM.